Tekken Tag Tournament is a fighting game developed and published by Namco in 1999 for arcade systems and later released for the PlayStation 2 in 2000. It is the fourth main installment in the Tekken series, and the first game in the series to feature tag battles.
In Tekken Tag Tournament, players select a team of two characters and engage in one-on-one combat, with the ability to switch between characters during the match. Each character has its own unique set of moves and abilities, and players can choose which character to use depending on the situation and their play style. The game features a roster of over 30 characters, including returning favorites from previous Tekken games as well as new characters exclusive to Tekken Tag Tournament.
One of the main features of Tekken Tag Tournament is the tag battle mechanic, which allows players to switch between their two characters at any time during the match. This adds an extra layer of strategy to the game, as players must carefully choose when to switch characters and which character to switch to in order to gain an advantage over their opponent.
In addition to the main tag battle mode, Tekken Tag Tournament also includes a variety of other game modes such as survival, time attack, and team battle. In survival mode, players must defeat as many opponents as possible with a single character, while time attack mode challenges players to defeat as many opponents as possible within a set time limit. Team battle mode allows players to select a team of four characters and battle against another team of four characters.
Tekken Tag Tournament also includes a practice mode, which allows players to learn and practice the moves of their chosen characters. This mode includes a training dummy that can be set to perform specific actions, allowing players to practice their combos and learn how to counter their opponent’s moves.
In terms of graphics, Tekken Tag Tournament features detailed character models and smooth animation, making for fast-paced and visually impressive battles. The game’s soundtrack features a mix of electronic and rock music, adding to the energetic atmosphere of the game.
Overall, Tekken Tag Tournament is a well-regarded entry in the Tekken series and is praised for its solid gameplay mechanics and extensive roster of characters. Its tag battle mechanic adds an extra layer of strategy to the game and the various game modes offer plenty of replay value. If you’re a fan of fighting games or the Tekken series, Tekken Tag Tournament is definitely worth checking out.
|Publishers||Namco, EU: SCEE|
Tekken Tag Tournament Characters
Tekken Tag Tournament features a roster of over 30 characters, including returning favorites from previous Tekken games as well as new characters exclusive to Tekken Tag Tournament. Here is a list of some of the characters that appear in the game:
- Kazuya Mishima – The main antagonist of the series, Kazuya is a powerful fighter with a range of powerful moves and combos.
- Jin Kazama – The main protagonist of the series, Jin is a skilled martial artist with a powerful moveset.
- Hwoarang – A taekwondo practitioner from South Korea, Hwoarang is known for his fast and powerful kicks.
- Ling Xiaoyu – A Chinese schoolgirl and practitioner of Baji Quan, Ling Xiaoyu is a playful and energetic fighter.
- Paul Phoenix – A brash and confident American martial artist, Paul Phoenix is a well-rounded fighter with a range of powerful moves.
- Nina Williams – A professional assassin and skilled martial artist, Nina Williams is a deadly and precise fighter.
- King – A masked wrestler with a powerful moveset, King is a formidable opponent in the ring.
- Law – A Chinese martial artist and practitioner of Jeet Kune Do, Law is a well-rounded fighter with a range of powerful moves.
- Heihachi Mishima – The main antagonist of the series and Kazuya’s father, Heihachi is a powerful and experienced fighter with a range of powerful moves and combos.
- Bruce Irvin – A former member of the Special Forces and skilled martial artist, Bruce Irvin is a formidable opponent in the ring.
This is just a small selection of the characters that appear in Tekken Tag Tournament. The game features a diverse cast of characters with a wide range of fighting styles and abilities, making for a varied and exciting roster.
- Tetsujin a: A metallic version of Mokujin.
- Unknown a b: A mysterious woman who is controlled by the “Forest Demon” who resembles a wolf.
Returning characters of Tekken 3
Download Tekken Tag Tournament
We might have the Tekken Tag Tournament game download available for more than one platform. Tekken Tag Tournament download PS2 is currently available on these platforms:
Install on Windows 7, 8.1, 10 & 11 PC
How to play on Windows
- Download Tekken_Tag_Tournament_Arcade_ROM_EN.7z and extract the files
- Open the “Game Files” folder and then double click on TTT1.exe
- Controls: Controls on a PC keyboard are a nightmare for this game. To start the game, put in your name and then press enter. After that, type in “OK” and the game cinematics should launch. When the cinematic ends, you want to press “TAB” and then go to input (game). Here, you want to see the controls for entering the coins (by default 5 on your keyboard for coin 1, and 6 for coin 2). Press Escape on your keyboard and then go to input (general) and see the controls for Player 1. Press escape again and insert the coin to play (button 5 or 6 on your keyboard). For the rest of the controls just use the tab menu, it will take some time to get used to them.
PlayStation 2 (2000)
Tekken Tag Tournament Screenshots
Tekken Tag Tournament old abandonware game for 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows XP, & Windows Vista OS, and console. Safely Download free full old version Tekken Tag Tournament from oldgames-download. The game setup is tested by our gamers team and 100% working with Windows OS, Console & Desktop PCs. We have enabled direct download from our website. You will find these games files are highly compressed safe, secure, and free of any virus, spyware, or adware.