Sonic Riders is a 2006 racing video game for the GameCube, PlayStation 2, and Xbox in which the player controls Sonic the Hedgehog characters on hoverboards. In the game’s 16 tracks, the player competes in story and battle modes against characters controlled by computers or other players. It was created by Sonic Team and Now Production, published by Sega, and released in Japan and North America in February 2006. The following month, it was released in Europe, and at the end of the year, it was released for Windows. Backbone Entertainment’s Game Boy Advance version was canceled.
The game was released to commemorate the Sonic series’ 15th anniversary, and it was the first Sonic racing game since Sonic R, a Traveller’s Tales game released in 1997. Sonic Team wanted to create a game that was better than any previous Sonic racing game. It was created to appeal to fans of Sonic and extreme sports video games, and the development team took no inspiration from previous games. Sonic Riders zero gravity was also the final Sonic title to feature franchise co-creator Yuji Naka, who served as executive producer and left Sega shortly after its release.
Sonic Riders zero gravity received mixed reviews upon its initial release, but it was a commercial success, and it was later re-released under the GameCube and PlayStation 2 bestseller lines. Reviewers panned the game’s gameplay, controls, and overall design while praising the visual style, soundtrack, and sense of speed while racing. Overall, they thought it was a mediocre game—both within the Sonic franchise and the racing game medium—that had its highlights but ultimately fell short due to its flaws. Despite mixed reviews, two sequels were developed and released: Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (2008) and Sonic Free Riders (2010).
|Developers||Sonic Team, Now Production|
Download Sonic Riders Download For Windows PC
We might have the game available for more than one platform. Sonic Riders is currently available on these platforms:
How to play on Windows (preinstalled)
- Download and extract Sonic_Riders_Win_Preinstalled_EN.zip
- Open the “Game Files” folder
- Launch “Launcher.exe” and select “PLAY GAME”
How to play on Windows (have to install)
- Download and extract Sonic_Riders_Win_ROM_EN.zip
- Open the “Game Files” folder and mount “pro-soni.BIN”
- Run “SonicRidersSetup.exe” and install the game.
- Once the installation has been completed, copy-paste “SonicRiders.exe” from the NoCD folder to the game installation directory.
- Launch “Launcher.exe” to play the game
- Optional: For full screen, go to the “Save” folder, then edit the Config.ini folder and make FullScreen=1
Sonic Riders Download For Windows PC Screenshots