Broderbund released Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame in 1993 as the sequel to 1989’s Prince of Persia. Jordan Mechner designed both games, but unlike the original, he did not program the sequel himself.
Prince of Persia 2 was released for MS-DOS and later ported to the Macintosh, Super NES, and FM Towns–a fewer number of platforms than the first game. In 2013, an updated version for iOS and Android without the “2” in the title was released.
Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame Gameplay
The character, like the first Prince of Persia, explores various dangerous areas by running, jumping, crawling, avoiding traps, solving puzzles, and drinking magical potions. The combat in Prince of Persia 2 is more intense than in its predecessor. In the first game, enemies appear only infrequently and always alone, whereas in the sequel, up to four enemies can appear at once, sometimes flanking the player, and can even be instantly replaced by reinforcements when killed. The goal, as in Prince of Persia, is to complete Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame within a time limit of 75 minutes (which begins after a certain point in the game) that passes in real-time. Lives are limitless, but time cannot be recovered (except by reverting to a previously saved game). Significant progress has been made in other areas. The graphics are far more complex than the game’s predecessor’s simple appearance, the areas explored are larger, and the variety of backdrops is greater.
Download Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame
We might have Prince of Persia 2 The Shadow and the Flame available for more than one platform. Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame are currently available on these platforms:
How to play on Windows
- Click on the download button. It should redirect you to your download (a .rar file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Download the software DOSBox and put a shortcut for DOSBox on your desktop.
- Extract the “Prince of Persia 2” folder to your desktop.
- Open the “Prince of Persia 2” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Find the file called “PRINCE”, and drag it on top of the DOSBox icon which you have on your desktop. The game should now launch in DOSBox.
- Enjoy Prince of Persia 2 The Shadow and the Flame!
Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame Screenshots
Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame free download old video game for 32-bit and 64-bit for android mobile, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows XP, & Windows Vista PC, and console. Safely Download free full old version Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame from oldgamesdownload.com. The game setup is tested and 100% fully working for Console & PC Games. The direct free download from our site is highly compressed safe, secure, and free of any virus, spyware, or adware.