Disney’s Hercules, also known in Europe as Disney’s Action Game Featuring Hercules, is a PlayStation and Microsoft Windows action video game released by Disney Interactive on June 20, 1997, based on the animated film of the same name. It was released 1 week before the film.
Hercules production began in 1992, following animator Joe Haidar’s pitch adaptation of the Heracles mythological stories. Meanwhile, following the critical and commercial success of Aladdin, Clements and Musker reworked their Treasure Planet concept. Their project was shelved in 1993, and Musker and Clements joined Hercules later that year. Clements and Musker studied multiple interpretations of Greek mythology before abandoning Zeus’ adulterous affair with Alcmene, based on an unused treatment by Haidar.
The project went through several story treatments, and the first script draught was inspired by screwball comedy films from the classic Hollywood era as well as popular culture from the 1990s. The script was revised by Donald McEnery, Bob Shaw, and Irene Mecchi. Gerald Scarfe, a British cartoonist, was hired as a production designer and created over 700 visualization designs of the characters. Background designs were inspired by research trips to Greece and Turkey. The film’s animation was created in California and Paris. Several scenes, most notably the Hydra battle sequence, made use of computer animation.
Hercules was released on June 13, 1997, to generally positive reviews from film critics who praised James Woods’ performance as Hades, but the animation (particularly the visual style) and music received mixed reactions. Despite positive critical reception, the film underperformed significantly in its theatrical release when compared to its predecessors, earning $252.7 million in box office revenue worldwide. Hercules was followed by the direct-to-video prequel Hercules: Zero to Hero, which served as the pilot for Hercules: The Animated Series, a syndicated Disney television series about Hercules during his time at the Prometheus Academy.
|Publishers||Virgin Interactive (PlayStation NTSC), Sony Computer Entertainment, Europe (PlayStation PAL), Disney Interactive (PC), THQ (Game Boy)|
|Developers||Eurocom (PC, PlayStation), Tiertex Design Studios (Game Boy)|
|Genre||Platformer, Action, Adventure|
Download Disney’s Hercules Download For Windows PC
We might have the game available for more than one platform. Disney’s Hercules is currently available on these platforms:
How to play on Windows
- Download the “Disneys_Hercules_Win_En.zip” file from the link above. Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Open the downloaded .zip file and extract the “Disneys_Hercules_Win_En” folder to your desktop. You will need to use software such as WinRAR to do this.
- Open the extracted “Disneys_Hercules_Win_En” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- For Windows XP/Vista/7/: Double click on SETUP.BAT and allow it to make the changes to your registry. You can now launch the game by double-clicking on “HERCULES.EXE”.
- For Windows 8/10: Double click on “SETUP_WIN10.BAT”. If you get an error, then double click on “herc_win10.reg” and allow it to make the changes to your registry. You can now launch the game by double-clicking on “HERCULES.EXE”.
- Enjoy the game!
- Note 1: When the game launches, you might have graphics problems in full-screen. When it’s in full-screen you want to press “Alt+Enter” to make it windowed, and then you can make the windowed resolution “640×480”.
- Note 2: Music is not included but sound effects should work.
Disney’s Hercules Download For Windows PCScreenshots
Disney’s Hercules Download For Windows PC PC System Requirements
|OS:||Windows 10, 8.1, 7, XP, 2000, 98, 95|
|Processor:||Pentium 4 @ 1.8 GHz|
|Memory:||1 GB RAM|
|Graphics:||3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9 and 256 MB VRAM|
|Storage:||1 GB available space|
|Sound Card:||16-Bit DirectX 9.0c compatible|
Disney’s Hercules Download For Windows PC old abandonware game for 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows XP, & Windows Vista OS, and console. Safely Download free full old version Disney’s Hercules Download For Windows PC from oldgames-download. The game setup is tested by our gamers team and 100% working with Windows OS, Console & Desktop PCs. We have enabled direct download from our website. You will find these games files are highly compressed safe, secure, and free of any virus, spyware, or adware.