Age of Mythology (AOM) is a classic real-time strategy game, usually designed for players who want to play prehistoric games and inspired by ancient Greek mythology, Norse, and Egyptians. This game was developed by Ensemble Studios and published by Microsoft Game Studios. It was launched in North America on October 30, 2002, and became commercially successful in just a few months.
The game is mainly based on three different god clans such as Ra, Odin, and Zeus all gods endow the player with unique technology, unique God Power, and legendary units. Players must choose their gods before starting the game. Each player struggles to maintain their territory and attacks various cities or units to create a civilization of their own, collect resources, and train troops to defend against enemy attacks.
AOM has a beautiful graphic style with three types of different cultural and ancient. Provide a wide range of features to their players such as a single-player campaign mode, this mode is divided into three acts, each focusing on a different civilization for example, players follow the story of the hero Akantos as he travels through the ancient world and fights against the enemy. Every civilization has its own god, units, and heroes.
|Publishers||Microsoft Game Studios|
|Release date||October 30, 2002,|
In the AOM, Players have their own legendary gods and units. The game is based on the fantasy ancient world where players can worship god of their choice and each offers different abilities and units. The game has three main resources such as wood, gold, and food. The main aim of the game is to defeat the enemy civilizations by destorying their main towns.
Download Age of Mythology
We might have the Age of Mythology PC game free download available for more than one platform. Download Age of Mythology PC is currently available on these platforms:
Install on Windows 7, 8.1, 10, & 11 PC
How to play on Windows
- Download and extract Age_of_Mythology_Incl_The_Titans_Win_Setup_EN.zip
- Double-click on the setup.exe file, go through the setup and install the game – make sure you uncheck the “create desktop icon” option.
- You need to download and install Microsoft software called msxml for the game to run. You can find the download for this below the main download button. Once it’s downloaded, just install it.
- Go into your game installation directory – this is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology 1 Gold Edition.
- You will find 2 launchers: “aom.exe” which will launch the original base game, and “aomx.exe”, which will launch the expansion.
- Double-click on the .exe launcher of the game which you want! If you get any errors, try running in compatibility mode for Windows XP and running as an administrator.
- Enjoy the game!
Age of Mythology Screenshots